The 28th Polar Libraries Colloquy has been POSTPONED until June 6 – June 12, 2021. Please check this page for further updates.
In 2021, La Bibliothèque de l’Université Laval will warmly welcome you to the 28th Polar Libraries Colloquy, Sharing Polar Cultures and Knowledge: Perspectives from Libraries and Archives.
Discover the legendary joie de vivre of our French-speaking community and enjoy the beautiful surroundings at the heart of the city. The conference will focus on contribution of librarians and archivists to the sharing of northern and polar cultures and knowledge. The event will be an excellent opportunity to:
- Bring together specialists in northern and polar information, from more than 15 different countries.
- Highlight the unique expertise of librarians and archivists in this field through stimulating presentations.
- Showcase the work of renowned researchers in northern or arctic studies.
- Address the issue of metadata decolonization in a special workshop.
- Introduce participants to the culture of Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal of northern Quebec .
- Make you discover:
- The beautiful Old Quebec (a UNESCO World Heritage treasure)
- The Montmorency Forest (the largest research forest in the world)
- The magnificent Charlevoix area (one of the most beautiful holiday regions in Quebec)
We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, please visit the 28th Polar Libraries Colloquy website.